What is a Thread ...
A Thread is a whole lot more than just an image. It is ...
- An image, i.e. a digital representation of a physical artefact which can be a Diary, Document, Drawing, Manuscript, Medal, Painting, Photograph, or Trophy.
- Some attributes of the artefact itself, e.g. size, quality, rarity, date it was taken/created/written/issued etc.
A collection of information about the subjects of the image, e.g.
- who or what is in the photograph
- who the medal was awarded to
- who wrote the diary
Information about the relationships of other people to the subjects of the image, e.g.
- family members
- service colleagues
- employment colleagues
- Additional associated images, e.g.
- a scan of the reverse side of a photograph
- a scan of the reverse or edge of a medal
- a scan of other pages of a diary
All this together creates a Thread through History!
Regards and Happy Searching,
The Finders Cafe Team.